Welcome to Invest in Cheshire
Home to a £25 billion economy, Cheshire and Warrington is the strongest performing economy in the North of England and amongst the strongest in the UK.
It is the gateway to the North, with a highly skilled workforce and the highest proportion of the working age population qualified to degree level in England, employment rates significantly above the regional and national averages, and a prime business location, with as many international corporate HQs as Liverpool and Manchester, and a centre of excellence in financial services, energy, science and logistics.
Cheshire and Warrington has significant growth potential and an ambitious vision to double the size of its economy over the next 25 years to £50 billion, creating 127,000 new jobs and 139,000 new homes.
Why Invest in Cheshire and Warrington?
Cheshire and Warrington is a business location of national and international importance, providing companies with an idea commercial base, and their employees with a first-class quality of life.
The quality, scale and growth potential of the area’s economy offers a wealth of exciting opportunities including:
- A major economy with a large cohort of world-leading firms – It’s economy is equivalent in scale to cities such as Sheffield and Leeds. Cheshire and Warrington is home to over 41,000 businesses including major employers such as Bentley Motors, Tata, Vauxhall and Barclays. Specialist sectors which excel in the area include advanced, high-value engineering, energy and professional and business services, with growing sectors including food, agri-tech and biological engineering.
- A diverse and international economy - Around one-fifth of employment in Cheshire and Warrington is in export-intensive industries, the third highest in England. Cheshire and Warrington has a consistently strong record in attracting new inward investment compared to the national average, offering a diverse range of investment locations for investors and is one of the country’s leading areas in the UK for the number of high growth firms locating here over the last three years.
- A private sector-led and knowledge-rich economy, with a high density of private sector jobs relative to its population, one of the highest outside of London. The area boasts a large private sector business base, with business density rates well above the national average; the business base contains a well-defined mix of high profile international companies, well-established and substantial medium-sized companies, and a dynamic and growing small business base.
- A well-connected economy, with long established linkages to Manchester and Liverpool, higher education, and innovation assets, as well as strong economic links to North Staffordshire and the ‘Potteries’, and across the border to North Wales. Our people and businesses benefit from a high quality strategic transport infrastructure which set to be boosted further still with the confirmation that the UK’s new high speed rail link, HS2, connecting the cities of London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds, which will have a major station hub at Crewe in the East of Cheshire and generate a wealth of new investment opportunities.
- Searching for a new home? Be part of the boom in Ellesmere Port November 23, 2017
- Pochin’s tops out at Crewe Business Park November 23, 2017
- Landmark Chester office scheme snapped up November 20, 2017
- Consultation into Crewe HS2 vision goes live November 20, 2017
- Ground breaking at Cheshire Green Industrial Park November 20, 2017
- You can help decide future transport strategy for Northwich September 29, 2017
- New jobs created as shelter manufacturer relocates to Congleton September 28, 2017